8 weeks from today Jay and I will be getting married in the Salt Lake Temple. EIGHT WEEKS!!! In some ways I feel I'm pretty prepared, but in others, I am starting to feel the pressure of getting everything done by then. The day after we got engaged, I flew to Utah, unfortunately, for my grandpa Nelson's funeral. I did get to see my family and be there for the service, though, which was really nice. I also got to spend three FULL days of wedding planning with my mom. And I have to say, that my mom and I are the QUEENS of efficiency. In three days, we found and reserved our reception site (Gardner Village in South Jordan), bought all six bridesmaid outfits, hired our phototgrapher, decided on invitations, a bridal photo shoot date, and most importantly, found my wedding dress. Click HERE to see a picture :) We found it at Walker's Bridal in Provo, and without a lot of effort. I tried on two dresses, and they just didn't do it for me. But the third one I tried on was perfect. I also bought my veil and tiara. In terms of my outfit, all I have left to buy is the big poofy slip to go underneath, and my jewelry.
We have been able to get some things done in California. Not a lot, but some. Jay has picked out his outfit. He looks HOT. He's wearing a really good looking black suit with tiny little chalk-stripes...NOT pin-stripes, mind you. And it has these sweet vents in the bottom/back of the suit jacket, not the one in the middle, but these two on the sides...it kinda makes a flap. Hard to explain, but super attractive on him. We have decided not to do tuxes...rented tuxes gross Jay out...so we are doing black suits. Which fit better with the style of the wedding anyway. Everything is pretty simple and semi-formal...our colors are light pink and regular pink, and our flower is the gerber daisy (my favorite :) We also started our registry at BB&B the other day, and we're continually adding things to it. Yesterday I got to learn all about knives from the nice registry lady at BB&B. I want these sweet Japanese steel ones that look like samurai swords.
Tomorrow, Jay and I are leaving to drive to Utah for the second whirlwind week of planning. Being in California, there's not a whole lot of planning I can do from here. My mom can do a few things here and there, but I need to be there for some things, and it's pretty important that both Jay and I are there for engagement pictures. I am also getting my dress altered, and my hair colored...as well as figuring out my wedding day hairstyle. I also have the opportunity of going through the Provo Temple to take my endowments out. Jay and I are also doing the "parents meet each other" dinner, and all of that fun stuff. We still need to go look for Jay's ring, and possibly get mine re-sized...etc, etc, etc. So needless to say, we have a busy week ahead of us. Wish us luck.

2 comments:
I LOVE you dress!!!
Yes, you are to look amazing. It all sort of makes me want to get married again. I really wish Mike and I could be there...hey honeymoon in New Zealand...yep.
Post a Comment