I had the experience of a lifetime in Kyoto, Japan on our trip there last month. They have all these studios that will make you up just like a geisha. They did my make-up, with the white paste, and eyeliner, red lipstick and eyeshadow. I mostly looked like a clown. But it was entertaining nonetheless. I got a full kimono dress-up with about 12 layers. And I got a sweet wig to top it all off. This metamorphosis took about an hour, and Jay had to just wait downstairs for me. Poor Jay. They took me into their studio and took studio pictures, and then let us go outside and walk around and take pictures of our own. So Jay followed me around and took a bunch of shots of me. It was about 95 degrees outside and 95% humidity, so underneath all that hair, make-up, and kimono, I was melting. Literally. My white make-up was dripping off my face onto my kimono by the end. All the other girls who were getting done were Japanese, so they looked really good. I was a mix between a sumo wrestler and Bozo the Clown. But it was SO fun to do. So if you're ever in Kyoto, Japan, don't miss the opportunity.

See what happens when you are in Asia too long? Jay and I found a maiko makeover place in Kyoto, and I couldn't resist.


The neck of a geisha


Booty call...I mean geisha appointment
No comments:
Post a Comment