10.09.2006

Chunichi Dragons Game

Jay and I went with some of our co-workers to a Chunichi Dragons baseball game at the Nagoya Dome. We have heard about Japanese baseball for quite some time, so we wanted to check it out for ourselves. Unfortunately, it was a crappy game, and the Dragons lost to the Hiroshima Carp 4-1. I always forget that I don't like baseball that much, so I continue going to games. But this time, the crowd was the most entertaining part. As is par for the Japanese, they only do things that are organized. There weren't any hecklers, no one whistling. It was either dead silent, or roaring loud if someone started one of their "cheers." Everybody knew these songs, and everyone sang them together. So we "sang" along when we got the hang of it, but we just mumbled things in the sound of the words and it seemed to work out just fine.

I guess this crappy game for the Dragons was just a fluke, because they went on to become the League Champions, of whatever league they're in over here. Go Dragons.


Dragons Diamond Posted by Picasa


The never-ending sea of Japanese heads after the Dragons game Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Countries I've visited

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapJavaScript charts