10.12.2006

Kamejima 2-chome Festival

One night I was pulled from my early evening nap by all sorts of people shouting "wa shoi!" and whistling outside my front door. I threw on my kimono and ran out to see. There was a little "parade" going by, and they beckoned for Jay and I to come. Little did we know that we would be sucked into the Fall Festival for our "neighborhood" we live in, Kamejima 2-chome. They thought it was SO great that we were there...there was some photographer there who made us pose with the men carrying the "omikoshi"




But it wasn't over yet...they wanted us to get all dressed up in hapi coats and join them in carrying the omikoshi.




Jay had to do a lot more carrying than I did...as the man behind me kept his hand on my shoulder so the beam didn't sctually touch me. And since I was carrying it, I couldn't get any pictures of me, but I did get quite a few of Jay.


Jay and the omikoshi



Jay readying himself for the hoist



Jay at the head (Check out the dude's fingernails with the pink towel on his head...)


Needless to say, we found an instant family in the Kamejima 2-chome 'hood...and they made sure we were in the family pictures...


Primping for the picture



The whole Kamejima 2 chome family



My favorite whistle-blowing man



Our #1 fans (ha ha...get it?) They followed us when we were carrying the omikoshi and fanned us


The decorations


Lanterns by day



By day...



And by night...

1 comment:

Billy and Katie said...

You guys are so lucky!!! And having way too much fun!

Countries I've visited

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapJavaScript charts