Me and the 6th grade teachers I work with, all dressed in ceremonial kimonos for the graduation. And apparently when you attend a graduation, you are supposed to wear black clothes and pearls. Just like funerals here. Luckily, I chose to wear black anyway. And I ALMOST wore my pearls that Jay bought for my (early) birthday present when we were in Toba. So I almost fit in. Except I was the only blonde there.
Me in front of the school entrance...I assume that means graduation in Japanese???

All three classes entered the gym and each student bowed as they came in. Everything was very precise and ritualized...a lot of bowing and turning on their heels. Not anything like the yelling and catcalling you do at graduations in America. It was so quiet in there you could hear my stomach growling.

Students receiving their "diplomas" from the kouchou sensei (principal).
Taking pictures with my students!!



Signing yearbooks

1 comment:
Jillemy,
My congrats goes out to all the 6th graders! I for one am feeling gyped nobody wore pearls to my 6th grade graduation....
Love how they're all lining up for you to sign their yearbooks. Brings back memories. Happy upcoming birthday, too...
Post a Comment