3.16.2007

{Mr. Mom}

The countdown has begun!!! We are are nearly out of this apartment and away from that hole of a school!!! Jay joined the ranks of every other person who has stepped foot in that school and finally quit out of disgust for those people. YEAY!!!!!! I am still at my new job, the one working for educated people and with real principals, for another little bit, so Jay has been playing the house-husband. One night I got home and he had baked brownies for us. You might be thinking that it's not that cool...BUT, you would be wrong. First of all, they don't have brownie mix here...only in specialty international stores you have to go find. And they don't have ovens here...only these part-microwave, part-range things. It's like a big-sized Easy Bake Oven, really. So it was, in fact, quite an accomplishment. And we were in definite need of some American sweets...Japanese sweets have the "sweet" part missing. So here's an ode to the best brownie-making husband there is. I know everyone says their husband is the best, but really, mine is.

4 comments:

Naoma said...

Isn't it nice to have a thoughtful husband! Brownies are a big deal if my husband makes them here even!

Unknown said...

Americans "step foot"; Britons "set foot".

Americans have "stocking feet"; Britons have "stockinged feet".

American girls bake brownies; British girls join the Brownies, like their brothers join the Cubs.

Leslie said...

I remember the easy bake oven. I tried to have a bake sale using it once and well, it didn't go so well. So Jay, I sort of understand what a feat that must have been for you. Good thing Jill is worth it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jill! I didn't even know Jay could cook!! You've had a good influence on him. Now if we could just work on the roast beef, that would indeed be wonderful! Love, Lynn

Countries I've visited

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapJavaScript charts