Eminence Sun Defense Minerals
This Eminence powder sunscreen is my favorite skin product ever. Before I became an esthetician, I thought sunscreen only came in the greasy Banana Boat or Bull Frog varieties. Not only are there tons of non-greasy daily sunscreens, there are also powder sunscreens that can be applied over full makeup. You can get them in shades to match your skin tone, but you can also get them in translucent, which is invisible on your skin. The best usage of these, for me, is when I am on vacation, and have done my makeup for the day, and midway through the day need to reapply sunscreen. I definitely don't want to slather on cream sunscreen, and then have to re-powder for all those vacation pictures, so this does both. You can just apply it over your whole face. I bought this before we went to Peru, and used it there as well as our most recent trips to Cancun and Brazil. It's a staple in my little day pack I carry with me. My husband even asks me if he can use it while we are travelling. And since it's translucent, he's not actually wearing makeup and can keep his manliness. I have also tried the Jane Iredale version of powder sunscreen, but it dispenses from a sponge and when you are sweating your guts out at Machu Picchu, you don't want the sponge to just absorb all your sweat. Because it's not removable and washable. Sick. But this one has a brush that dispenses the powder and can be cleaned with brush cleanser (see the bottom entry in this post). So this is my little plug to those of you who don't wear sunscreen daily. Do it.Creative Nail Design Super Shiney High Gloss Top Coat
This is exactly what it sounds like. An awesome top coat that is really shiny.It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask
I wish I could bathe in this stuff. If I could recommend on product of any kind on the entire earth to everybody, it would be this. It's seriously that good. It is used a couple times a week as a hair mask, and can be left on for as long as you want. I do it every other day in the shower for about 5 minutes (longer if I have the time in there). Before I chopped my hair, this mask was incredible for detangling. I used to dread getting out of the shower and trying to pull a wide-toothed comb through my hair. With this, I can run a comb through once, and it's as easy as pie. I do have one warning, though: Once you use this, you will NOT be able to stop playing with your hair throughout the day because it is so silky and luscious. Also try their Miracle Leave-in Product. Awesome.Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15
If you have oily skin, this moisturizer/sunscreen is a miracle. I get quite oily in the summer when it's hot, and this is the best thing ever. It actually eliminates shine on contact. I took this with me to Brazil, and in the hottest, most humid weather I have ever experienced in the Amazon jungle, this helped a TON. This is my new staple moisturizer. As an esthetician, I love it because it has an SPF of 15, so I'm protected throughout the day! Layer on a mineral powder, like the one listed just below, and you have great coverage for daily activities!GloMinerals Loose Powder
If you have not switched to mineral powder, do it NOW. With the amazing benefits of mineral makeup, there's no reason to be using basic powder any longer. For me, I love the fact that it is made of minerals such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, because those are the two main physical sunscreen ingredients. So your powder acts as a sunscreen. I also love that it has antioxidants, which are very beneficial to the skin. But the thing that REALLY sold me was the fact that it is noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic. It won't cause acne or inflammation. It actually HELPS with inflammation (both general and caused by acne). True story: I gave myself a chemical peel one day and, as usual, my light complexion turned dark red from the immediate inflammation. I applied my GloMinerals pressed base right after and the redness nearly disappeared. It was incredible, and I was sold from that moment. My favorite that I have tried (and as an esthetician/instructor/esthetics school product purchaser I have tried a LOT) is GloMinerals. The pressed base gives you a matte (read: not shiny or shimmery) finish, and the loose powder gives you a more dewy (read: shimmery) finish. I use the pressed in the summer when I am already dewy enough, and the loose in the winter to give my skin a little glow. Gorgeous powders!Jane Iredale POMMIST Hydration Spray

No mineral foundation is complete without a setting spray (or toner) to set the minerals. I use this every day with my powder and love it beacuse it sets the makeup and takes away any powder-y looking finish. This one from Jane Iredale is great because it has pomegranate extract, which has antioxidant and UV properties. Just mist over your face after you apply your mineral powder, and you're done!!
MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35
This is the best concealer ever. It is very pigmented, so it covers well, unlike some other concealers that don't actually camouflage anything. And it has an SPF of 35, so it protects your already-pigmented spot from getting sun and being more pigmented.Smashbox Cosmetics Brow Tech Trio
Two shades of brow powder (Taupe and Soft Brown) and brow wax all in one. I use it with a thin angled eyeliner brush to apply. It's amazing how much more finished a face can look when the brows are filled in!Bobbi Brown Ultrafine Eyeliner Brush
Bobbi Brown's Ultrafine eyeliner brush is perfect for using an eyeshadow as eyeliner. I haven't used an eyeliner pencil for 11 years. It's a tiny brush, and ideal for applying eyeshadow along the lashline. You can wet the brush before you put it in the eyeshadow for a more intense effect. I use a dark brown Bobbi Brown eyeshadow for my liner. And this same brush has lasted me using it everyday for 11 years!Jane Iredale Botanical Brush Cleanser
If you don't get around to washing your makeup brushes as frequently as you should (umm...like me...) this brush cleanser spray works great for the in-between times. You can just spray it on a paper towel (or old hand towel you don't mind ruining) and wipe your brushes on it to clean them. No more grimy makeup and oil. And it smells AWESOME.

1 comment:
You're so crafty/esthetician-ey! Also I still can't figure out how to follow your blog... I'm the worst sister ever.
Post a Comment