4.23.2008

{Craft Time!}

I found the cutest idea for fridge clips made out of clothespins...here are some that I made recently, followed by instructions on how to make them yourself!!






Items Needed:
- Plain wood clip clothespins (I found them at WalMart for super cheap)
- Patterned or solid paper that you want to cover the top of your clothespin. I have found that stiff paper works better...maybe not as thick as cardstock, but thicker than computer or copy paper-types. If it's too thin, the Modge Podge will crinkle and tear through the paper, so just be careful with it. I have also used origami paper (shown above in red) which is really cute on these.
-Modge Podge- I use the glossy/lustre, but you can use any kind you want, really.
-Magnet strips with a sticky back
-Scissors/paper trimmer

1. Cut paper to the size of the top of the clothespin
2. Use Modge Podge to glue the paper onto the clothespin
3. Let it dry
4. Paint Modge Podge over the top of the paper, making sure to go over the edge of the paper onto the clothespin to seal the sides to the wood, and let it dry
5. Cut the sticky-magnet to the size of the back of the clothespin
6. Stick on the back.

We have tons on our fridge now, and they're so handy...and SO easy!!

5 comments:

Nicol said...

Hey!! I didn't know that you had a blog. How fun! I loves those clips. I am always needing clippy magnets on the fridge. Super cute!

Becky said...

I think we will hvae to hang out more. I love your style!! Arrested Development is one of my faves too! Ha ha, makes me laugh just thinking about it!

roamingjones said...

Way cute Jill.

Joseph Weed said...

I love this idea. I was just thinking I needed more fridge clippies! I am so glad you found me, I didn't know you had a blog.

Leslie said...

Jill,
I had no idea you re-entered the blogging world...I'm a total snob about who stays on my blog roll, you go a month without posting, you are OUT! Although the stalker situation did not help. Anyway, I talked to your mom a couple of weeks ago when I went home and your dad when he returned some guns (?) and it sounds like you are doing good! I love all your scrapbooking stuff, can I send you exactly 3 years worth of twins footage? :) Hope we can stay in touch better now, do you have a working e-mail address?

Countries I've visited

This application is created by interactive maps.
You can also have your visited countries map on your site.

If you see this message, you need to upgrade your flash player.
Make your visited countries mapJavaScript charts