This was Jay's first time *really* going camping, and his first Uintah Mountain experience. He was an amazing sport about it-- the weather was in the low 50's at best during the day, and he's not too fond of cold weather. But he didn't even complain once. What a champ!! We were afraid the cold weather would ruin his first camping experience but I think he still had fun. He also got his first real fishing experience as well, and seemed to enjoy it. We each caught one fish (we each only cast out once...so we were 100%...nice) but we didn't keep them. So my sisters each caught a fish for us, and Jay cooked them over the campfire and ate his first Rainbow Trout.
What I saw when I woke up in the morning...it was so cold in our tent Jay literally only had his nose sticking out from his beanie and mummy bag!!!
Us and our trusty tent!!!
My dad's little minnow he caught on our early-morning canoe ride
One of my favorite places...being in my dad's canoe on Trial Lake!!
Jay and the lake with Bald Mountain in the background
We found this handcart-ish thing on our walk around the lake...there's some historical plaques and information about how they built the dam
My husband, the Lumberjack...
I asked Scott if I could cast his line once, and look what I brought back up!! An albino. Weird. We didn't keep it or eat it, but I was pretty proud!!
Our baby, close-up
While I cast Scott's line, Jay asked if he could try casting on Andi's pole...and almost the EXACT same time as I caught my albino, Jay caught this!!! His first American fish... He thought it was pretty cool and might even go fishing again with us!
Captain Jay (with the canoe motor in the back...it's for when my dad is fly-fishing and wants to be able to just scoot around the lake)
No Nelson gathering would be complete without some ridiculous photo shoot with pictures of ourselves. {Scott and I}
Johnny and Wendy {AKA Spidergirl}
{Mary and Scott}
{Ali and Emily}
Jay and our trailer, the Jayco



4 comments:
i love the pictures! esp the nose sticking out of the mummy bag :) i'm glad you guys had such a fun time. i didn't tell you this on sunday but my mom, danae, and i made those cute magnet clothespins that you had on your blog the other day. they turned out really cute. i love looking at your blog to see the cute crafty ideas. thanks for sharing that!
Looks like a fun Reunion! Love the family photo shoot... looks like you guys are having too much fun! Great pics. I also love your cards, you are really talented!
Dude that fish is awesome!! I love it! I'm glad you were able to initiate Jay into the world of camping... Seriouslly, how funny would it be if he got called has Boys Camp director? LOL!
Looks like a fun trip. We do miss the Utah summer trips. We can make it through the summers here because we love the 60's all winter long.
Are you amazed we joined the new century with blog comments? No blog for us, yet, though. Maybe in the future.
Have a great night.
Post a Comment